A new Russian doll for the collection….

I have been continuing work on my Christmas swap projects. Having spent a couple of evenings on my applique Russian doll I thought I would try to turn some felt scraps into a little Russian doll decoration.

I started by working on the outline Russian doll and scarf shapes and then fused on a face, hair and apron.

I added some ric rac embellishment for the apron and some stitching and beading for the face. Finally I blanket stitched all the pieces together.

I have to say that I think she is really cute and she was so easy to make. I might have to make some more of these decorations for myself…….

Advertisements

Comments

  1. Lynda M O says:

    How cute, creative and lovely.

  2. Queen Mother says:

    If she was red she could be Mother Christmas!!

  3. This is adorable. I was literally just thinking of how I want to make some matroyshka ornaments and here you are showing me how! Thanks for sharing! When I have more time I am going to browse through your blog more thoroughly.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: