I have had a busy weekend working on getting Cupcake Princess’s Cornflower fairy quilt finished. You may recall that we started work on it a few weeks ago. Cupcake Princess pieced most of the top together….I just helped with the difficult bits.
When we were at the Festival of Quilts last week we picked up some more of the lovely fairy frost fabric to use the for the back. We also picked up a panel of smaller pictures of the blue/pink fairies which we thought we could incorporate into the back.
I was really struggling to think how to quilt this project as I didn’t want to detract from the fairy panel. I finally decided to have my first ever go at free motion quilting. It isn’t perfect as I have some pointy bits and areas where the stitches are longer than I would have liked but I think it is good for a first attempt!
By this morning I had the quilted top and binding ready for me to get on with finishing the job.
The finished quilt has come put so well. I’m really pleased with it.
It was really hard getting good pictures so here are some more which aren’t great but mean the quilting is visible….